Payne, Jr., Augustus Hamilton
Augustus Hamilton Payne Jr. went to heaven on April 30, 2020 at home. He was 73. Auggie was born in New Orleans, LA and was the son of the late Irma Wetzka Payne and Augustus Hamilton Payne Sr. Auggie is survived by his loving wife of 45 years Linda McCauley Payne,son Augustus Hamilton Payne III grandchildren Augustus Hamilton Payne IV and Margot McCauley Payne. His sister Barbara Payne Starr, brother Thomas C Payne, sister-in -law Jayme Spansel , Numerous Nieces, Nephews, Cousins,Relatives and Friends. Auggie was a Petroleum Engineer for over 41 years. He worked in both the private and government sectors. He was given the Regional VI SPE Service Award in 1990. He worked for the Dept. of Energy for 17 years and forecasted oil and gas reserves and prices. He was a proud LSU graduate. He was involved in the Inter-Faith Job Search Council and Active in the SPE. Auggie was an avid photographer, book reader, civil war history buff. Loved to travel. Family genealogist and sci-fi enthusiast. One of Auggie’s gifts was to spread kindness. He was always there for his friends and family if they needed him. He was a kind, caring and humble Husband, Father, Gramps and Brother. He will be deeply missed by those who loved and knew him. You can leave condolences at www.AriaCremation.com In lieu of flowers or gifts the family of Auggie request he be remembered by spreading acts of kindness.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form