Cornejo, Teresa (Polanco)
It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of our mother, Teresa Cornejo, 93, formerly of Colombia, which she remembered and spoke of fondly. Teresa died peacefully on December 3, 2020, at her daughter’s residence in Plano, Texas surrounded by family. Teresa is predeceased by her loving husband of 63 years, Luis Jesus Cornejo. They met and married in Colombia, and created roots for their children in their cherished homeland, before immigrating to the United States in 1970, settling in New York, and later relocating to Boca Raton, and then Plano. Teresa lived a full life as a wife and wonderful mother. More than anything, she loved her family and instilled in her children strong values that have served them throughout any challenge in life.
She is survived by her six beloved children and their spouses: Gloria Sears, Luz Cortazzo, Jose Cornejo, Esperanza Ausfresser, Claudia Neira, Clemencia Ricca, eleven grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and other family and friends.
Teresa was an inspiration to all her children and her determination and spirit cannot be matched. She will be remembered fondly and missed by all who knew her. Our heartache has no limit at this time, but we know that she will always guide us, and help us carry on without her. May she rest in peace with her dear Luis Jesus, and always be remembered. A memorial gathering will be held when circumstances allow.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference