Vittetoe, Kathryn Weed
Kathryn Weed Vittetoe, 75, went to be with Christ on January 10, 2021, passing peacefully after succumbing to COPD. Her fun nature and joyful attitude created an environment where all enjoyed being around her.
Kathy was born in Ft. Worth, Texas on September 8, 1945 to her parents, Clyde and Minnie Jean Weed.
She graduated from Pascal High School in 1963. She then graduated with a History degree from SMU in 1967, where she was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, a highlight of the college experience.
She met Jim Vittetoe during her last semester at SMU. They were married in March of 1971 and had two children, Katie and Chris. In addition to being a loving mother, she was an active member of
St. Andrew United Methodist Church in Plano.
Kathy lived Dallas and University Park, where she was a member of the Junior League of Dallas. Her working life included creating a business, Visions of December, a commercial Christmas decorating company whose primary customers were banks and law firms.
Kathy is survived by her husband Jim Vittetoe, her daughter, Katie Vittetoe and her son, Chris Vittetoe,
his wife Meghan and their children, Emmerson Grace and Jameson Walker.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Clyde and Minnie Jean Weed and her sister, Marilyn Weed Aycock.
A family service will be held at St. Andrew United Methodist Church. Memorials may be made to Operation Kindness (https://www.operationkindness.org).
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference