Johnson, Lillian Rose (Zalac)
Lillian Zalac Johnson, 98, of Carrollton, Tx, passed away, March 18, 2021 with her family nearby.
She was born to the late Alexander and Mary Zalac, April 26, 1922, in Chicago, Illinois. Lillian graduated from Parker High School , where she excelled in music and sports, in 1940.
Lillian married the late Martin E Johnson, April 25, 1942, and they lived in Chicago before moving to Fort Benning, GA, then onto Amarillo, Tx and finally back to Chicago. Lillian is survived by three daughters: Mary Lynn Lucchese of Santa Rosa, CA, Bonnie Lee Mueller of Saratoga, CA and Lillian (Pixie) Young of Carrollton, TX. She is also survived by 5 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
After her divorce, Lillian moved to Texas, in 1959, with her three daughters where she started her Court Reporting career. She was one of only two court reporters selected to work on the Warren Commission.
Lillian was an avid traveler and travelled the world. She also enjoyed playing the piano, knitting and crocheting. She was immensely proud of her family and leaves behind many fond memories and laughs. As her health and mental state began to decline from her 9 years of dementia, you could often hear her say, ”This is no hill for a stepper!”
A celebration of life memorial will be held at a later date. Her ashes will be scattered in the blue Pacific, in Maui, Hawaii.
The family insists that people make a donation in support of dementia research in lieu of flowers.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference