Wofford, Rex Waldon
Rex Waldon Wofford age 85 born in Titus County, Texas, died at his family home in Plano, Texas on Tuesday, March 23, 2021.
Rex served in the United States Marine Corps, where he was awarded several citations and awards including the National Defense Service Medal and the Good Conduct Award. Once discharged he lived in Dallas and Plano, Texas. Through his love of self employment, he owned many varied successful businesses.
Rex enjoyed many things including, new business challenges, cooking, travel, and spending time with his family. Among many other things Rex was known for his skilled use of a hammer, even if it wasn’t required, and making up his own words, which family and close friends referred to as “Rexisms.”
Rex is survived by his wife of 31 years, Jolene Wofford; Daughter Laura Ann Doxey of North Port, NY; Son Dan Wofford and wife, Stephenie, of Plano, TX; Son Justin Fuller and wife, Heidi, of Parker, TX along with many greatly loved grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Rex was preceded in death by his father Trammel Wofford, mother, Mary Wofford, brother Richard Wofford, and sister Mary Ann Wofford.
Services will be held at 1:00pm Thursday, April 1, 2021, at the Dallas-Ft. Worth National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway Dallas, Texas 75211. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendance is limited.
In Lieu of flowers donations may be made to the American Cancer Society at donate3.cancer.org.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference