Thomas, Robert Kent
Robert K. Thomas, (4/18/1924 – 4/26/2021) long time resident of El Paso, passed away in Plano, Texas from complications of hip surgery. Bob was born in Estancia, NM and attended NM A&M University in Las Cruces. He served in the US Navy during WWII and the Korean Conflict. In 1953 he and his brother Lee founded H&R Wholesale, Co. in El Paso, which in 1971 became part of Sysco Corp. Bob retired from Sysco in 1991. In 2008, shortly after the death of Frances, his beloved wife of 63 years, Bob relocated to Plano, Texas. He was a 32nd degree Mason and a former member of Western Hills Methodist Church in El Paso. He is survived by his son Bob (Jr.) and wife Stanis of Plano; his grandson Robb and wife Linda of Plano; granddaughter Stephanie and husband Shann of Santa Fe, NM; four great grandchildren; and his sister Norma of Espanola, NM. Burial details are pending at Restlawn Memorial Park in El Paso.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference