Janie M. Chapa, 74, was called on home on Sunday, August 8, 2021.
Born July 13, 1947, in San Saba, TX, she lived in Carrollton, TX with her daughter and family.
Survivors include daughters Roxana Salazar and son-in-law Nick Salazar, of Carrollton, TX and Julie Martinez, of Lubbock, TX. Four grandchildren Valerie Salazar and Brandon Govan of Carrollton, TX, Andrew Salazar of Odessa, TX. Andrea and Brandon Tayler of Coppell, TX and Micquela Martinez of Lubbock, TX. Three Great-Grandchildren Brandon and Ariana Govan and Calvin Tayler. Janie was proceeded in death by her husband Jose Chapa, her parents Julia and Juan Martinez, sister Mary Marquez, brothers, Frank and Rudy Martinez.
Janie loved spending time with her grandbabies, watching her favorite TV shows: Golden Girls and Friends, coloring, staying up late sneaking snacks. Watching grandkids play soccer every Saturday. She loved going to new places to eat and spending time with family.
A Celebration of Life for Janie M. Chapa age 74 of Lamesa, TX. Services will be announced at a later date with Branon Funeral Home in Lamesa, TX.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference