Shoemaker, James E.
A longtime member of both Northway Christian Church and Lakewood Country Club, he served both in various capacities.
Our dad loved life and lived it to the fullest. He enjoyed time with his family and friends (old and new) and if it involved food, entertaining, wine, travel, golf or just some good jokes, he was always ready for a good time.
His is survived by his wife of 61 years, Diane Goforth Shoemaker, four children: Sandra Lynn , Jimmy (Chris), Kathy Geisler (Erich) and John . Six grandchildren: James III, Bailey Cochrum (Bryan), Jason , John Taylor (Carrie), Payton, Lauren and one great grandson, Jacob Cochrum. He is also survived by his sister, Rosemary Dearing, brother, Tom Shoemaker and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceeded in death by his parents, Sybil and R.T. Shoemaker, half-brother Joe Browning, half-sister Minnie Louise Browning, in-laws Dr. John L. and Patsy Goforth,
and grandson Jacob Shoemaker.
Visitation will be held from 6:00-8:00 on Thursday, December 18th at Northway Christian Church, 7202 W. Northwest Highway, Dallas. Memorial service will be held at the same location on Friday, December 19th at 2:00 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Wounded Warrior Project or Dr. John Lawrence and Patsy Louise Goforth Distinguished Professorship in Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, P.O. Box 910888, Dallas, TX 75391-0888.Arrangements are under the direction of: ARIA Cremation Service & Funeral Home 10116 E. NW Highway Dallas, Texas 75238 214.340.8008
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form