Dr. Ali Shams passed away peacefully on Monday, January 24, 2022.
Ali was born on April 22, 1937 in Tehran, Iran. There, he excelled in academics and discovered his profound passion for world literature and poetry. His elegant recitations of classic Persian poems never failed to captivate his audience.
Dr. Shams began his medical career in 1961, graduating from Tehran University of Medical Sciences with high honors. He then left Tehran to pursue his Pediatric Residency at Johns Hopkins in the United States before receiving his specialization in Pediatric Cardiology from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada. An avid reader, Ali would continue to further his medical education throughout his career. Known for his exceptional generosity with house calls and phone calls at any hour, he was a devoted and extremely respected doctor, giving freely to those in need. His dedication and integrity were known to many families throughout his life.
As some of the very first Iranian Americans, Dr. Shams and his supportive and loving wife, Farkhondeh, were the nucleus of the fast-growing Persian communities in both Canada and the United States. In recent years, Dr. Shams enjoyed traveling with his devoted family and friends. He also loved political satire on late night TV and was known for his witty sense of humor.
He will be missed by his wife Farkhondeh, his children Desiree, Ashley and Ryan, his grandchildren Claudia, Alex, Sam and Kay, and his son-in-law Tom and daughter-in-law Loretta.
A Celebration of Life honoring Dr. Shams will be announced late Spring 2022.
Donations to St. Jude Children’s Hospital can be made in his name.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference