Brewington, Maxie James
Maxie James Brewington was born 15 December 1933, in Conway, South Carolina, and passed away 09 June 2021, in the Community Living Center at the VA Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
He is survived by his two sons and their wives, Maxie Jr. and Deborah of Dallas, Texas, and Andrew and Alicia of Winnsboro, Texas; brother Ernest, and sisters Lorraine, Joyce, Ruth and Juanita.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Maxie Samuel and Helen Gandy Brewington, and sister Mary.
Maxie retired with pride, distinction, and honors from the United States Air Force with the rank of Senior Master Sergeant after a 26-year career. He began his career in the Tactical Air Command and completed his service with the Strategic Air Command. He was the recipient of many awards including the Bronze Star. During his career, he served in Korea, Morocco, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, and Viet Nam, as well as multiple bases in the United States.
A graveside service will be held at DFW National Cemetery on 22 June 2021 at 10:00 am.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference