Charles Wellington Chapoton, Jr.
Charles Wellington Chapoton, Jr., age 84, died peacefully at Medical City Plano on December 2, 2022.
Charles was born in New Orleans on August 14, 1938. He married his wife Jean in Baltimore in 1964, and Jean and Charles raised their three children, Mark, Beth, and Michael in Plano, Texas, where they moved in 1975. Charles was an engineer with Westinghouse, Texas Instruments, and Raytheon. Charles was an active member of West Plano Presbyterian Church.
Charles earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Louisiana State University and a Master’s Degree and PhD from Johns Hopkins University.
Charles was an avid sailor. Jean and Charles enjoyed sailing, especially in the Caribbean. They cherished annual trips to London, which became some of their happiest times together. Charles was known for his vast knowledge of world history and military affairs, his dry wit, and his pragmatic and practical worldview.
Charles was a loving father. Mark’s fondest memories include his father teaching him to sail and surprising him by showing up at the finish line of Mark’s first Iditarod. Charles supported Michael’s football and skateboarding hobbies and his musical and artistic pursuits. Charles routinely deadpanned, “Beth gets anything she wants,” and while that wasn’t literally true, Beth could always count on her father’s support and encouragement, no matter what path she chose.
Charles is survived by his wife, his three children, and his four siblings. His ashes will be interred in the Chapoton family tomb at St. Louis Cemetery #3 in New Orleans, where there will be a small family gathering.
Memorial contributions to West Plano Presbyterian Church are welcome.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference