Donald Wayne Dean
Donald Wayne Dean, our dearly loved friend, husband, and father, went to be with the Lord on December 27th, 2022 at the age of 71.
Donny was born on July 22nd, 1951 in Hughes, Arkansas. He always said of his birth: “it was the hottest day of the year and there were only two patients in the hospital. One was coming into the world and the other was going out of it”. He loved to laugh and to make others laugh.
He had three brothers (Kenny, Ray, and Bruce) whom he cherished.
He proudly and courageously served as an infantryman in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
He loved hot summer days, music, movies, football, and adventure. He was spontaneous, fun, a fighter, and a leader. He had many positive qualities, but the best was his faith in Jesus, which he passed on as the world’s greatest gift to his children.
Donny was predeceased by his brother Bruce Dean; his father Lock Dean; and his mother Louise Dean.
He is survived by his loving wife of 38 years, Sonya Dean; his son Donald Dean Jr.; his daughter Angela Dean-Thomas and her husband Richard Thomas; his son Jesse Dean and his wife Morgan Dean; his daughter Jamye Forbes and her husband Zachary Forbes; his grandson Vincent Dean; his granddaughter Emily Dean; his grandson Shepherd Forbes; his granddaughter Felicity Forbes; his brother Kenny Dean and his wife Linda Dean; and his brother Ray Dean and his wife Virginia Dean.
Funeral information will be shared privately.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference