Doris Ferguson died peacefully in her sleep on January 16, 2023 after suffering for several years from dementia. Doris was born on January 23, 1935 in Carbondale, IL. She is survived by her daughters and their husbands Pamela Gaines (Jim) and Melissa Cortiaus (Bill), granddaughter Lauryn Cortiaus, grandson Austin Cortiaus, and sister Lois Watson. Doris was preceded in death of her parents Wilford Kilmer and Ruth Jones Burklow and her husband Harold Ferguson.
Doris grew up in Carbondale, IL and moved to El Paso, TX where she met and married her husband Harold. They enjoyed riding the dunes in the sand buggy Harold built Doris enjoyed square dancing and ball room dancing and participated in several ball room dancing competitions. While her daughters were growing up, she was dedicated to their care and activities supporting them as they enjoyed playing the piano, flute, oboe, and studying various dance styles. She worked at Sanger Harris in the fur department and met several friends she enjoyed spending time with. After retirement, Doris and Harold traveled to many places where they experienced many fun adventures.
A family memorial service will be held on February 8, 2023 at 4:00PM at the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration in Dallas, TX. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to the Dementia Society of America or Mental Health America.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference