Ellen Elaine Horton
Ellen Elaine Horton, 83, passed away in Murphy, Texas on August 18, 2022.
Born September 18, 1938, in Denison, Texas, she lived in multiple cities and states during her husband’s 24-
year tenure as an officer in the United States Air Force. His Air Force career took them to Mississippi, Colorado,
Texas, Utah and Alaska.
She worked as a Dental Assistant while in Alaska. When he retired from the Air Force, they moved to Texas where she continued her career as a Dental Assistant. She then went on to obtain her Associates Degree in Business. After graduating, she worked for a number of years at Richland College.
Survivors include, husband, John C. Horton; daughters: Angela Lyles and Debra Rakowitz; son-in-law Raymond Rakowitz; five grandchildren: Jessica Lyles, Brittney Lyles, Marissa Parras, Justin Rakowitz and Alex Rakowitz; and 4 great-grandchildren: Landon, Silas, Tanner and Braelyn.
She was preceded in death by her father and mother, Andrew Jackson Freeman and Velma Beall Freeman.
Services will be held on August 30, 2022
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road, Dallas, Texas 75252.
Viewing will begin at 10:00 am, with Funeral at 11:00 am.
Burial will be at 2:15 pm
The Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery at
2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas Texas 75211.
There will be a motorcycle escort to the cemetery.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference