Head, James Don
James Donald (Don) Head passed away peacefully in the early morning of March 5, 2021. Don was born on April 11, 1934 in Snyder, Texas to Bonnie and Audry Head. He loved others fiercely and always had the funniest stories to contribute to any conversation. If he picked on you, it’s safe to say he loved you big time. His passions in life included golf, guns, black jack, and family time. His family is missing his strong presence already, but we know he is at peace and we find comfort in that. Mark Twain once said, “The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. The moment it arises, all your irritations and resentments slip away and the sunny spirit takes their place.” Having an effective “weapon” to get through times of adversity is having half the battle won. Don taught us this lesson time and time again in his last years. His unyielding “decision” to look on the positive side of any situation, while living each day to the fullest, is a valuable example that he leaves with us. His legacy is a great one and we count ourselves lucky to be part of it.
Don is survived by his loving wife of 64 years, Shirley, their three daughters Pam (Billy), Rissa (Scott), and Rhonda, numerous grandchildren Ashley, Brandon (Tamara), Ryan (Amanda), Casey (Chelsea), Jared, Callie, Raylee, great grandchildren Aiden, Aubrey, and Troy, and siblings Audie, Sandra Kay, Morris (Karen), and Janet (Don). Memorial service and celebration of life to be held at a later date.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference