James Albert Shoemaker
James Albert Shoemaker, 81, passed away Friday, February 25, 2022.
Jim, as he was known, was born in Dallas in 1941 to Leland Earl Shoemaker and Virginia Nancy Tucker Shoemaker as one of 8 children. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sisters Mary Ruth, Eula Elizabeth, Norma Jewel, and Audrey Gene.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Shirley, son Richard Townley, daughter Rebecca Townley, and daughter Kimberly Grubbs & her husband, Ronnie; grandchildren Thomas James, Ashley Renee & husband, Daniel, Tabithia Danielle, Richard Jr, Gabrielle Dawn and 3 great-grandchildren Bree-Anna, Dylan, & Seth. As well as brother Francis Shoemaker, Thomas “Tom” Shoemaker & his wife, Janet, and sister Nancy Sue Shoemaker along with many nephews and nieces.
He graduated from W.W. Samuell High School and then proudly served his country in the US Army, the Army Reserve, and then Retired from Texas Paint & Wallpaper.
Jim loved to go hunting and looked forward to every hunting season with his brother and friends. He never turned down an opportunity to travel to the deer lease. He would find joy in cooking what he provided, and the family treated it like a delicacy. Jim made many people laugh and smile with his ability to tell stories of their many memories. He will be deeply missed by his loving family, his devoted friends, and all the wonderful individuals who knew and loved him.
Funeral Services have been entrusted to Aria Cremation and Funeral Services, Funeral Service will be held on Saturday, March,5 2022 at 12:00pm at The Springs Fellowship Church located at, 817 Holcomb Rd, Dallas, TX 75217. Mr. Shoemaker will be laid to rest at DFW National Cemetery this will be a private interment service.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference