John Franklin Roberts
ROBERTS, John Franklin Roberts, 90, of Dallas, TX, passed away at home on December 21, 2022. He was born December 11, 1932, in Mexia, TX, to Ina Mae London Roberts and Lonis Alfred (Jack) Roberts. He grew up in Grand Prairie, TX and graduated from North Texas State University in 1953. Shortly after graduation he married Phyllis Evelyn Powers and enlisted in the Navy. He served four years in the Navy as a line officer on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific Fleet from 1953-1957. After returning to Texas, he received his master’s degree at SMU, and later completed his Doctor of Education at North Texas State University. John served in various administrative roles in Richardson ISD from 1959-1982 and retired from public education after serving as the superintendent of schools for five years. Later, he became the assistant director of operations at the Region 10 Education Service Center in Richardson and retired at age 85.
John is survived by his wife Phyllis, three children, Brenda Roberts, Susan Roberts Wangler, and Alan Roberts; three grandchildren; two great grandchildren; his brother Ray Jack Roberts, and two nephews. He was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Richardson.
John was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, and friend to many.
A celebration of life service will be held Thursday, January 12, 2023, at 4 pm at the First United Methodist Church in Richardson. In lieu of flowers, please donate to a charity of your choice.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form