John Swicord, Jr.
John Carroll Swicord, Jr. went peacefully to his heavenly home on October 26, 2022, at the age of 67.
Born July 25, 1955 in Atlanta, Georgia, he lived in a number of places before his family moved to Irving, Texas where he graduated from Nimitz High School and attended North Lake Junior College. He was a member of Irving Bible Church.
Over the years, John enjoyed cooking for various businesses and private events, putting to use his chef training from the Fairmont Dallas. He enjoyed traveling, scuba diving and taking underwater photos, making pottery, and collecting Dallas Cowboys memorabilia. He owned A-Alliance Limousine, Inc., providing Town Car service for corporate clients to and from the airport. Most recently, he started Metroplex Wallcovering. John was an excellent craftsman, beautifying homes and businesses with wallcoverings in the DFW area. He retired in 2021.
He is survived by his wife, Lisa Kay Camp Swicord; sister, Lisa Garner; nephews, Travis and Hunter Howell; nephew, Alex Blondeau; niece, Madeleine Blondeau Hanington and husband Pete; sister-in-law, Leah Camp Blondeau and husband Jon; mother-in-law, Loveta Sue Camp. Preceding him in death are his parents, John Carroll Swicord, Sr. and Dorothy Jean McLeod Swicord; his sister, Linda Jean Swicord Howell; father-in-law, Clayton Leland Camp.
A private memorial will be held to celebrate his life.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
1820 N. Belt Line Road
Irving, Texas 75061
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference