Jon Don Pomroy, age 86, of Plano Texas, passed away on August 19th, 2023.
Jon was born in Lamar County, Texas to Johnnie Wesley Pomroy and Lala Belle Parker Pomroy on March 28th, 1937. He attended Paris High School, Baylor University (B.S.) and East Texas State University (M.S.). Jon also served proudly in the United States Air Force and the USAF band. He worked as a teacher and band director, as well as for Region 10 Education Service Center supporting technology in Texas school districts. He married Carla Gayle Ford on March 7th, 1970. Jon committed his life to Christ and Jon and Carla were both long time members of First Baptist Church in Richardson. Jon was active in the adult choir, church orchestra, youth programs, and served as a deacon.
Jon is preceded in death by his wife Carla Gayle Ford Pomroy, father Johnnie Wesley Pomroy, and mother Lala Belle Parker Pomroy.
Jon is survived by his two children, Jonathan Reagan Pomroy and Ashley Elizabeth Daniels; Sister, Peggy Pomroy Wylie; and beloved grandchildren, Beckett Ford Pomroy (17), Sawyer James Pomroy (15), Hudson Aston Egan Daniels (12), Sinclair Reagan Daniels (10), Eliza Leigh Daniels (7)
Services will be held at First Baptist Church of Richardson (1001 N Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080) on September 1st at 2:00pm.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Road
Dallas, Texas 75252
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form