Kenneth John Williams
Kenneth J. Williams, 80, of Dallas, Texas died peacefully in his home on Friday 11/11/22 surrounded by his family.
He was born January 9, 1942 in Pittsburgh, PA, the son of Roger P. and Mildred E. (Plank) Williams. Ken graduated from South Park High School in 1959. He was drafted into the US Army in 1964, where he served as a military police officer stationed in Fort Sill, OK. Ken married his long-time sweetheart, Sherry Gibbs on November 1st, 1969, and they originally settled in Pittsburgh, PA before relocating to Dallas in 1987. They recently celebrated 53 years of marriage. Ken was a devoted father to his two daughters, Nicole and Tia, whom he adored. Ken shared his love of sports with his family through coaching youth baseball teams, and was an avid, life-long Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
Surviving in addition to his wife, Sherry (Gibbs) Williams, are his daughter Nicole McLeod and husband Brice McLeod of Plano; daughter Tia Wynne and her husband Bedford Wynne, Jr. of Dallas; his grandchildren Sydney Farrar, Stella Wynne, and Ford Wynne. In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by his brother, Roger G. Williams.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests those who wish to honor Ken’s legacy consider making a donation to the Aging Mind Foundation of Dallas.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form
Dear Sherry and family,
So very sorry to hear about Ken. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Sherry, So sorry to her about Kenny’s passing. We had such great times playing ball together and hanging out. Then he met the love of his life on Aurora Drive and the rest is history.
Take care I wish you the best thru these difficult times.
He called me MOON.