Lewis, Sherry Nan
Sherry Nan Blackman Lewis was born in Grand Prairie, TX on May 10th, 1947, alongside her twin brother Larry to Jesse and Juanita Blackman. She passed peacefully on November 1, 2021, with her son Ben by her side in Bedford, TX.
Sherry was 74 and lived in Fort Worth TX and is preceded in death by her husband David Lewis, her mother and father Jesse and Juanita Blackman, and brother Jesse Martin Blackman.
Sherry attended Arlington High School and went on to start college at Abilene Christian College. While attending ACC she met her future husband, David Lewis. David first saw Sherry in 1965 in the cafeteria at ACC and told the friends he was sitting with when he first laid eyes on Sherry, “That’s the girl I’m going to marry!” Soon after a first date occurred and when Sherry returned home, she told her cousin, “That’s the kind of guy I want to marry!”.
Sherry and David married in 1967.and were inseparable throughout their 51 years of marriage. They enjoyed spending all their time they could together and were best friends. They both loved to tell others about their Savior the Lord Jesus Christ.
She is survived by her brothers and their spouses: Wayne and Birdie Blackman; Larry and Debbie Blackman; her sister-in-law Nancy Blackman; her daughter Laurie Lewis, and spouse Renee Neely; her three sons and their spouses, David and April Lewis; Russell and Cindy Lewis; and Benjamin Lewis. She is rich in family and loved being a Grammie (or Betty as Russell’s kids called her) to her 12 grandchildren; Tyler and Brooke Kendel, Moriah, Tiernan, Kiersten, Jaden, Hailey, Colton, Zion, Noah, Asher and one little nugget on the way – plus one great grandchild, Brynnleigh.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference