Margaret McGraw Cottingham
MARGARET MCGRAW COTTINGHAM
Margaret Sue McGraw, “Margy”, was born on December, 12, 1943 in Dallas and passed away on November 3, 2022 at the age of 78.
She was the daughter of William Hal and Margaret Frances Peters McGraw. She graduated from Highland Park High School and Southern Methodist University. She married Laurence Mason Cottingham and they lived in Houston, Abilene, Philadelphia and then Dallas. They had a daughter, Margaret Louise.
Margy worked in a variety of positions, including a time for her father, but her favorite position was owning her own catering company. She also loved to volunteer and appreciated her time working with the Junior League of Dallas. The place she most felt at home, though, was at her beloved church, “The Fig”. She was a long time member and integral to many ministries.
She leaves behind a daughter, Margaret Louise (Matthew) Harms; grandchildren Margaret “Maisie” Harms and Andrew Harms; sisters Karen McGraw and Mary (Robert) Black as well as many nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will take place on Saturday, November 26 at 1pm at the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration. Please indicate if you would like the donation to be made to the Transfiguration Endowment Fund, Austin Street Center ministry or Planned Parenthood.
Arrangements under the direction of:
Aria Cremation Service and Funeral Home
19310 Preston Rd, Dallas TX 75252
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form