Marilyn Ruth “Penny” Diener-Schroeder
Mrs. Marilyn Ruth “Penny” Diener Schroeder, age 82, passed to her eternal rest on Thursday, May 5, 2022. She was the oldest daughter of Herman and Ruth Diener. She is survived by her husband of 61 years, Oren W. Schroeder.
Born in Washington D.C. and raised in Arlington, Virginia, Penny was a voracious reader and hard worker who used that drive to complete a Bachelor of Arts from Capital University and a Master’s in Library Science from The University of Michigan. Penny and Oren were nomads who spent time living all across the country including Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Maine, Illinois, and Texas. She worked for university and law libraries including University of Texas Law Library, Northwestern Law, Georgetown Law and retired in 2013 from Bowdoin College. In 2013, Penny and Oren retired to Dallas Texas to enjoy being near their daughter and her family and the sunshine.
Penny is survived by her husband, her daughter Karyn (Barry) Meyer and their children Jacob and Adam of Dallas TX and her son Marc (Susan) Schroeder and their children Lucas and Natalie of Marvin, North Carolina. Penny is also survived by her siblings; Joellyn (Lloyd) Kinzer of Reston, Va, Nancy Diener of Reston VA and Thomas (Nancy) Diener of Duluth, MN and their children and grandchildren.
For those who wish, memorial contributions may be made to Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
Aria Funeral Home and Crematory of Dallas cared for the family of Mrs. Schroeder.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference