Mary Lee Stone Strief
Mary Lee Stone Strief died from breast cancer on January 18, 2022. She will be dearly missed by her family and all those who knew her.
Mary was born to Elizabeth Alene Goodlett and Robert Lee Stone on May 23, 1933, in Ozan, Arkansas. Raised in Texarkana, Texas. Attended Texarkana Junior College.
On February 1, 1952 she married James Paul Grigson. They moved to Dallas, Texas for Jim to attend Southwest Medical School after graduating from Texas A&M. They raised four children: Mary Kathryn, James Lee, Gregory Lowell and Vicki Lynn.
She remarried in 1981 to Harry Joseph Strief. They enjoyed an exceptional life together. They traveled the world, fished, played tennis, loved cooking and entertaining. After Harry’s passing Mary continued to travel and spend time with her family. Mary’s passions were fishing, gardening, collecting delectable recipes, and cookbooks. It was said” She could have started her own Library of Cookbooks”!
Mary was a member of Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, Dallas Country Club, Tanglewood on Texoma. She was a strong supporter of DSO, DSM, DMA, North Dallas Women’s Club, DAR, and numerous book clubs.
Mary is pre-deceased by her loving husband Harry Joseph Strief, her daughter Mary Kathryn Grigson, son Gregory Lowell Grigson, stepson Paul Arthur Strief, and her sister Betty Lamport.
Mary is survived by, son James Lee Grigson (Susan), daughter Vicki Lynn Grigson Ready (Richard) stepdaughter-in-law Katie Strief. Her three grandsons; William Zachary Ready (Taylor), James Isaac Ready (Meredith), Richard Joseph Ready (Danielle), great grandchildren; Coralyn Stone and Luke Hobson Ready, and sister Patsy Clarke.
A private memorial will be held at a later date.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference