Murphy III, James Joseph
James Joseph Murphy III, born in San Jose, California on October 9, 1958, passed away August 10, 2021, in Dallas at the age of 62. Jim graduated from Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose, CA. He then graduated from USC with a degree in electrical engineering, pursuing, and engineering career for 7 years at Hughes Aircraft. He graduated from Whittier Law school and launched his career as an Intellectual Property attorney. Highly recruited across the country, he accepted a position in Dallas, Texas, where Paula Murphy–a native Texan–was fortunate enough to meet him. Jim and Paula were married for 30 years. They loved to travel and saw much of the world together, including Antarctica, the Galapagos Islands. and the fjords of Norway. He loved USC football and had season tickets to Dallas Stars Hockey games and prided himself on not missing a game most seasons. He loved music of all types and derived much pleasure from his collection of modern and vintage vinyl. Jim will be remembered for his unfailing kindness and his fiercely intelligent and curious mind. Those left to cherish his memory include his beloved wife, Paula; his brother Ed Murphy and wife, Lisa and their son Luke; sister, Marita Launger and her husband Joe; aunt and uncle, Julie and Terry Wolf; godchildren, Georgianne Green and Hillary Gillam. A memorial service will be held in Dallas and the San Francisco Bay area in the future and will be posted once finalized.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference