The amazing Nancy Ann Gier, 63, died at home on February 15th 2023. Thankfully, she was able to hold off the ravages of cancer long enough for her beloved Chiefs to wrap up a Super Bowl victory. And long enough to celebrate one last Valentine’s Day with her husband and soulmate of 46 years, Randy.
Her spirit lives on in her three equally amazing children, Megan, Brandon and Tyler. Her Son-in-law Mat. Daughter-in-law Claudia. Brother Randy. Sisters Becky and Amy. A whole hoard of Nieces, Nephews, and in-laws. Plus, hundreds of people who have become her friends.
A Celebration of her life will be held at 2:00PM, on Monday, February 20th. The celebration will be held at Aria Funeral Home, 19310 Preston Road, Dallas, Texas 75252.
All attendees are encouraged to share their favorite Nancy stories. How you met Nancy. What you admired about her. A way she warmed your heart, made your laugh, or put a smile on your face.
Please dress casually. Out of respect, those with suits will be turned away at the door! (or at least provided with a Chiefs jersey for a quick change).
Streaming will be available via this link: https://youtube.com/live/qZkxmfwvHNU?feature=share
In lieu of flowers, please donate to one of her favorite causes:
- CASA (a children’s advocacy organization). casajwc.org
- One Tail at a Time (an animal rescue). https://www.onetail.org/donate/
- No Kid Hungry (nourishing children so they can be at their best). nokidhungry.org
A Reception will be held after from 4:00-6:00PM at Waterford Point Amenity Center, 7950 Castlebridge, The Colony, TX 75056.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form
Randy I’m so very sorry for your loss! With deep sympathy, Hal Oates
I have not seen you or Nancy in person for over 40 years, yet I miss her (and you) terribly right now! The memories of your mustang, metcalf south mall, Nancy, Terry, you and Gary, my 16th birthday! DQ! Nancy was such a spark, kind, funny and her laugh! and how so early in life you found such a special person! You were both great people but together you were more than the sum of your parts! Love you man!
Randy, I am so sorry for your loss. Hold tight to your memories. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
All of the Blauws and their extended families have our deepest sympathy in the loss of Nancy. We wish you whatever peace and comfort you can find at this difficult time. The memories live on. Mark and Jeanine Nelson.
I am so sorry Randy to hear about Nancy!! She was such an amazing woman. Take care and know that you’re in my thoughts and prayers! Karla Craven