Norma Jane (Burgess) Kraatz died peacefully at home on December 28, 2021. Norma was born August 8, 1935 in Milam County, Texas to William E. and Willie Lee Burgess. She married the love of her life, Charles in 1954 and became a resident of Irving, TX for 67 years.
Once her children were out of Elementary school, Norma entered the workforce. She became a Cashier for Kroger where she was loved by her Customers. Many would wait in line just so she could check them out with their groceries. She retired after 21 years and became known as the Sweet Lady from Kroger.
She loved her grandchildren to whom she was affectionately known as Granny or “Granny Love” and will be missed by all.
She is preceded in death by her parents, brothers William K Burgess, Lenon Burgess, sister Billie Ruth Burgess and daughter Kimberly Renee Rodgers.
Survived by her loving husband of 67 years, Charles Kraatz, sons Mike and wife Laura Kraatz, Gary and wife Vivian Kraatz, daughter Sherry and husband Tom Toups, eight grandchildren, ten great grandchildren, three great- great grandchildren and sister Glenda Crumply.
Funeral Services will be held at John P. Brooks and Family ARIA
1820 N. Beltline Rd Irving, TX 75061
Visitation hours are on Monday January 10, 2022 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Funeral Service will be Tuesday January 11, 2022 at 10:30am.
Burial Service will be held at DFW National Cemetery, located at 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway Dallas, TX, at 1:00pm.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference