Oscar Tapia passed away in Dallas, Texas on Monday, January 2, 2023 at the age of 76.
He was born on July 6, 1946 in Hondo, Texas and eventually moved to and settled in Dallas, Texas. Oscar loved his country and was a proud United States Marine Corps member, where he courageously served in the Vietnam War. He was incredibly handy and never met a problem he couldn’t fix with his arsenal of tools in his “cuartito.”
Oscar is preceded in death by his parents Maria and Reyes Nira, sister Yolanda and grandson, Dominique.
He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Linda, his daughter Lisa, her sons Timothy and Christopher, his daughter and son-in-law, Michele and Jason and their children Kendal and Kaitlyn, his son and daughter-in-law Edward and Veronica and their children, Haven, Zalee, Emmanuel, Bianca, Gianna, Nailea, and Edward and countless other loving family members including his siblings Raul, Ramiro Estella and his beloved dog Johnny Tapia.
A Visitation to celebrate the life of Oscar will be at Aria Funeral Home located at 1820 N. Belt Line Rd., Irving, Texas 75061 on Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023 at 10:00am and his burial will follow at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery at 2:00pm.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference