Rex Gerald (Jerry) Raiza, born March 4, 1938, passed away Friday September, 17th, 2021 at the age of 83 after complications of aortic aneurysm repair surgery.
Rex was born in El Paso to Elizabeth (Libby) and John Rex Raiza, raised in the small town of Woodson, and relocated to Dallas, Texas in 1958. A true Texan through and through. Rex is preceded in death by his wife of 60 years, Maebelle, in September, 2019, and son, Gary, in July of 2020. There is much comfort imagining them together! He is survived by his daughters Janna Fjerstad and Rebecca Raiza. Son in law, Paul Fjerstad , daughter in law, Tracy Holden-Raiza and four granddaughters who considered him the greatest Grandaddy ever: Lauren Raiza, Lena, Thea and Mia Fjerstad.
Rex had a long, successful career as an HVAC mechanical engineer with Blum Consulting Engineers, Inc, in Dallas. Starting March 1, 1960, after his studies at Texas Tech, in Lubbock, he never retired. At 83, he remained a central figure in the company and an expert on special projects. He was a true trailblazer and highly respected in his business.
He was known as Rex professionally, but family and friends called him Jerry. He loved his family, animals, fixing things, country music of his era like Bob Wills, sharing stories about his life in West Texas and telling a good joke. His soft, sweet, modest demeanor was a true gem and a gift to the world. He will be forever missed and remembered with love.
A celebration of life will be on Sunday, October 10th, 2pm at Royal Lane Baptist Church, with a reception following.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference