Robert Michael “Mike” Rynell
Robert Michael “Mike” Rynell, 78, of Mesquite, Texas, passed away on March 23, 2022.
Mike was born and grew up in Peoria, Illinois. He lived there many years and stayed in touch with his dearest friend of his whole life – Larry Cooksey – until his last days. He went to college at Notre Dame and was a Fighting Irish fan to the end. He was a First Lieutenant, Second Grade, in the U.S. Army and served in active duty in the Vietnam War. He was awarded a National Defense Service Medal, a Vietnam Service Medal, and a Vietnam Campaign Medal. He also earned a Master’s degree in Economics and worked in the group life insurance industry for many years.
He was a gentle soul and was loved by many. He was a patient, caring man and enjoyed spending time with his daughters and other family members. He loved being an uncle to Amy, Pat, Bob, and Susie Rynell and he loved their children and Donna. He enjoyed watching sports (all Dallas teams and Chicago Cubs) and doing home improvement projects. He loved and was always kind to animals.
He is now free of the struggles of his aging body and is at peace. He will be greatly missed but his family is so thankful for the promise of Heaven and know we will see him again someday.
He is survived by his daughters Julie Ann Rynell of Mesquite, Texas and Jennifer Marie Rynell of Garland, Texas as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and other beloved family members. He is preceded in death by his father Robert Rynell, mother Bernice Rynell, brother John Rynell and numerous dear friends including Mike Roarke and Ingrid Cooksey.
Thank you all for your love, prayers, condolences, and support in these days.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference