Ruby Linda Richards
Ruby Linda Richards, 90, was born January 25, 1932. She was one of five sisters born in Gainesville, Texas. She later moved with her family to Fort Worth, Texas, where she graduated from North Side High School and met her now-deceased husband Carl Richards. Carl was in the Air Forces, Ruby accompanied him to his many different work assignments around the country, even one station in Bermuda.
After Carl retired from the Air Force, the family moved back to Fort Worth, where Ruby began a career as an administrative assistant with the GSA. Ruby received many commendations and awards during this time, including the Meritorious Service Award. After her retirement from GSA, Ruby enjoyed gardening, reading, splashdancing, volunteer work with the Red Cross, and spending time with her grandchildren.
She went home to be with the Lord on Monday, December 19, 2022.
Ruby will always be remembered fondly for her sweet-spirit and generous nature. Her family and GSA coworkers have many great memories of her vibrant personality and sense of humor.
Ruby is preceded in death by her husband Carl and youngest son Brian Richards. She is survived by her two remaining children, Karen Laboon, Carl Richards, and their families. She will be greatly missed by her children, her grandchildren Aaron and Ryan Laboon, Harley and Hayden Richards, and Emily Richards, as well as her great-grandchildren, Juliette and Rosie Laboon.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference