Sam G. Lett, Jr.
Sam G. Lett, Jr. passed away peacefully on November 13, 2022, at home in Dallas, Texas. Sam was born March 28, 1937, and grew up in the Devonshire area of Dallas, Texas. He graduated from Culver Military Academy and attended Brown University and the University of Texas. After college, Sam started his own real estate development company and built and managed apartment complexes throughout Dallas and Ft. Worth – many of which are still housing families today. On December 18, 1961, Sam married Ruth Woods of Covington, Virginia, and together they built a home and raised four boys in Dallas. Sam loved hunting, sailing and spending weekends on his boat at Lake Texoma with his grandchildren.
Sam was preceded in death by his wife of 60 years, Ruth W. Lett, his parents, Samuel G. and Donna R. Lett, brothers, Thomas W. Lett, Robert A. Lett and sisters, Sandra Stalnaker, and Donna Villarreal. He is survived by his four sons, Sam G. Lett III (Karen) of Colleyville; Texas; Robert W. Lett (Laura) of University Park, Texas; Benjamin T. Lett (Beaumont) of Houston, Texas; and William C. Lett of Dallas, Texas, eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
A memorial service to celebrate Sam’s life will be privately held on December 10, 2022, at Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 11122 Midway Road, Dallas, Texas 75229. In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions to be made to Good Shepard Episcopal Church.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form