Shows, Guadalupe Rizo
Guadalupe Rizo Shows Of Grand Prairie, Texas went to the Heavenly Gates to be with our dad on December 4th , 2021, at the age of 83. She was surrounded by her children: Paul (Leea). James (Carol), Jackie and Kimberly (Cynthia). Mom was born in Galveston Texas, a place she loved and was a True Texan in her heart.
She was the strongest and most loving woman we have ever known and everyone who met her loved how cheerful and happy she was. She was a proud Army Wife till the end. She would tell the nurses and doctors how our dad convinced her to try the Army Zipline and how much fun it ended up being. Talk about strong. She retired early to take care of our dad, which she did for 20 plus years. As the only caregiver for our dad, she battled stage 4 breast cancer during this time and beat it. She enjoyed cooking, cake decorating, yard work and the daily walks she took before losing her sight. Her kids were her most important priority until her last breath on earth, as she was ours. We want to thank our sister Jackie and nephew, James, for the exceptional care they gave our mom for 7 years. She can now see and watch over us from Heaven.
Time cannot steal the treasures that we carry in our hearts – Nor ever dim the shining thoughts – Our cherished past imparts – For the memories of the ones we loved – Still cast a
gentile glow – To grace our days and light our paths – Wherever we go: – Author Unknown
She will be sadly missed but always in our hearts and memories. We will miss you mom, with all our hearts. She is proceeded in death by her husband Donald Shows. She is survived by her 4 children, 8 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference