Sylvia Ana Shanahan (Marin, Adler)
Sylvia Ana Shanahan (Marin, Adler) was born in the Bronx, New York City to Divina and Juan Marin on January 10, 1928. She died peacefully on April 28, 2022 surrounded by loving family, cat Miguel , and listening to her favorite Frank Sinatra music. She was the Bronx bomber and die hard Yankees fan. She attended PS 10, and 27 in the Bronx and after moving to Washington Heights, Yorkville High. She worked at Macy’s and guided a Balloon in the parade. Moved to Miami in the 50’s and worked for the Dade County school system at Coral Gables and Ponce De Leon Junior high until Hurricane Andrew and she retired to Dallas to be close to her daughter. She was a great mother, loving and kind. She was always a gracious host and took any family member in who needed help, fed hungry kids in the neighborhood, and drove women in the neighborhood to the store who didn’t have a car or license. She is preceded in death by her Mother and Father; Step Father Morris Adler; brother Frank Marin; sister Elsie Garafola; and her loving husband of 40 years John Shanahan. She is survived by her brothers Richard Adler and Milton Adler; Her daughter and only child Karen P. Shanahan and her spouse Elsa Alcorta, who helped take loving care of her through three falls in 10 years. The family would also like to thank Kevin Johnson, Steve Lyle, Christine Hart, and Todd Aycock for their help and loving care.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference