Vivian Charlene Woods, born August 18, 1925, in Riviera, Texas, passed away November 10, 2021 in Dallas at the age of 96. Charlene married Seth M. Woods in 1943. Together, they lived on ranches he managed in Kennedy, Brooks, and Dimmit Counties until Seth passed away in 1988. She was an avid gardener, donating truckloads of plants in which she cultivated to arboretums in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Atlanta, GA and the Fair Park Conservatory before moving from a large yard with several greenhouses to her small yard in Garland. Her love of gardening brought her to the Dallas Arboretum as a Garden Guide, where she volunteered for over 20 years. She was also an elementary and middle school teacher for over 16 years. An active member of the First Methodist Church in Garland, she was a member of the quilting group where she made several dozens of quilts for friends, family & charity groups. After suffering a stroke in 2010, she moved to Presbyterian Village North where she made many friends, helped others, attended as many activities as possible and was always interested in the gardens there. Those left to cherish her memory include her beloved daughter, Ginny Woods; brothers, C.T. Kutschke and wife Mary Ann and Lewis Kutschke and wife Nancy; many nieces, nephews, and friends.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference