Vivian Elizabeth Blanton
Vivian Elizabeth Blanton went to be with her Savior at the age of eighty-three. She is survived by her husband of sixty-two years, Jerome. She is also survived by her brother Edwin Underwood, Jr and wife Carolyn of North Carolina, two sons: Jeff and wife Gina of Dallas and Scott and wife Shelley of San Angelo, four grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
After marrying the love of her life, Jerry, Beth attended Barnes School of Nursing in 1957 and began a forty-year career in nursing during which she was proud to work for Dr. George Boswell at Baylor, Dallas.
Her long involvement with many community organizations included volunteering at Presbyterian Hospital for over twenty years and delivering Meals on Wheels for ten years. Beth was active in her church as well as the Republican Women’s Club, a Bible Discussion Group and the Fact to Fiction Book Club where she took great joy in watching a program describing the book while not having to read it.
Beth enjoyed traveling and visited many countries on cruises and road trips with Jerry and friends. She was an avid tennis enthusiast as well as a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and Jazzercise. Her love of birthday brunches, shopping, Christmas celebrations, the color “purple” as well as sending and receiving birthday cards were hallmarks of Beth’s life. She was known for her bubbly, sweet and kind personality as well as being a fantastic maker of deviled eggs and the notorious Chicken Divine casserole.
She loved many but was beloved by many more.
A memorial service will be held at Northridge Presbyterian Church in Dallas on January 27 at 11:00.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference