William Robert Smith, MD
Dr. William Robert Smith, of Dallas, passed away November 22, 2022, at the age of 91.
William was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma on May 18, 1931, to Dr. Morris and Mary Smith. They moved to Guymon, OK in 1932 and survived the Dust Bowl. He graduated from Guymon High School in 1949 and enrolled at the University of Oklahoma where he graduated from medical school in 1956. After two years of postgraduate training, he enlisted in the United States Airforce and served as Chief of OB-GYN at Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. He then served 3 years in residency training in internal medicine after which he served in Enid for 30 years.
William married his high school sweetheart, Joan Shaw on June 15 th , 1952 and is survived by his wife, His son Bob and daughter-in-law Peggy, his son Mike, and his son Steve and daughter-in-law Melynda. He also had 4 grandchildren – Jon, Melissa, Austin and Tyler and 2 great-grandchildren, Sophia and Mila Jo.
He was a commercial pilot. He and Joan spent their leisure time golfing, snow skiing, taking bicycle tours, and international travel.
William accepted his Lord’s grace and mercy at the age of seven and served his Lord as deacon and Sunday School Teacher for 60 years. At the time of his death, he was a member of The Heights Church in Richardson, Texas.
He is preceded in death by his parents, brother T.J., sister Sue, and his daughter, Julie. Memorials suggested to the Enid United Way or The Texas Baptist Men’s Disaster Relief.
Get In Touch
“George Bush at Preston”
Aria - Northwest Highway
“5 Miles East of Hillcrest Memorial Park / Lake Highlands”
Funeral Homes Irving Tx: Aria Cremation
“Belt Line Road at 183”
Fannin Memorial Gardens
Veterans Funeral Services
Darst Funeral Home
- If death has occurred and or is imminent, please call the Aria location nearest you.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms.
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- NW Highway
- Preston Rd.
- Belt Line Rd.
- NW Highway
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference